Address: Ballarat Mechanics Institute, 117 Sturt Street Ballarat
Ballarat Writers Incorporated was established in 1990 and functions as a writing organisation that promotes local writing and writers in the Western Victorian region.
The Ballarat Writers Inc is involved in:
- regular readings and special events such as Workshops
- Ballarat Writers Festival, which has a big emphasis on YA novels/literature as well as Children’s books
- Pure Poetry
- Trivia Nights
- Southern Cross Literary Competition, which they have just recently released the winner for.
Just like Writer’s Victoria, Ballarat Writers Inc has a membership system, you can apply or renew online, or download the membership form from the website and mail it back to them.
$20 concession (includes seniors, students and minors)
Free – University of Ballarat Professional Writing & Editing student
They run readings and workshops all year but one of the Workshops I’m looking forward to is the Continuing the Mythic Journey. workshop on the 23rd of February.
Ballarat Writers Inc also has a blog, twitter and facebook.
- The Power of Myth DVD – there is a transcribed book-version but I truly recommend the DVD instead as there are large chunks of the DVD missing from the book.
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
- World Mythology by Roy Willis